my aphrodisiac, my intoxication

Fact: Words are the greatest aphrodisiac

Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us

May 17, 2010

One, Two, Freddy's comning for you


SJ and I manage to catch a movie yesterday despite the heavy downpour from noon. I didn't even get to do my laundry either. I hafto admit I find the weather sorta comforting and perfect to watch a horror flick!

Moving on. I wasn't that anticipated when I heard that the Wes Kraven-inspired movie was out because I only watched few episodes of 'Freddy Nightmares' back in the 90s. The series were aired every Friday (I think) at 11 30pm. Back then my TV curfew was 10pm fer weeknights so quality peeking was thus often in persuit hehe

The movie was okay. I said so because the actual cast fer Freddy Kruger was replaced by a new comer. He looked anything but scary. Just looks like a guy wif prosthetic burnt facial masks. Too disfigured fer my kinda Kruger. Wasn't consistent as opposed to his series. But the iconic attire, i mean THE RED-GREEN-STRIPED SWEATER and the clawed gloves was all there is to keep my heart pumped. Yet this movie proved not all remakes are often better prosecuted. It went almost to a full blown teenage movie. Sad.

0 comments: