my aphrodisiac, my intoxication

Fact: Words are the greatest aphrodisiac

Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us

November 22, 2007

'Grandiloquent'


Ok so I'm at my desk going through the december calendar only to discover that I have less than two shitty weeks to wrap up the system that i've been assigned to do and supervised at work so that cud only mean one thing: more work and less play. It's not my kind of field to pussy around and not work but it's not my nature either to wrap things up at the very last minute before the due date! But like they say, i haf an ass of a soldier hehe *proud* ~background song Big Girls Don't Cry on air~ But rumors has it that either Azry will be helping me out or it'll be handed over to him completely. Hafn't had the time to discussed bout that wif him yet cuz everybody's busy with the ASEAN COCI thingy at Orchid Garden Hotel ( <- they went home at 3am last nite and i've attached the COCI webby in my previous post so you gotta scroll down abit, if necessary).
Ohh yea, I've managed to watched two movies during my nurtured spare time and the movies are:-
Stay Alive (2006)
My humble review and ratings are as follows: I find Stay Alive much intense and abit graphic fer my kinda movie (mind you I'm into romantic comedy, thriller and true-events memoirs). Well, fer a start the storyline is not only unaccepted, but my last psyc evaluation is that it is non-logic. It's that videogame and horrors that just don't mix! It's too tame to be scary and too silly to be taken seriously. It's equivalent of junk food; It's not good but it's predictable and even satisfying, in a low-expectation way. What it does seriously is waste time yet nevertheless it didn't fail to surprise me every 5mins..or so. [Over Ten: Two star **]
note- there's a gothic backstory to all this, which makes no sense but still looks pretty cool.
Akeelah and The Bee
Well, this is my kinds movie. It's an inspirational feel-good movie about an 11 year old underdog girl named Akeelah who's typically tried to fight the tide to achieve recognition and success against all odds through her knowledge of spelling, wif abit of corny straight up scene injected i know. Ever watched Spellbound? -where it generated cracking suspense in its competition climax, Akeelah is suspense-free, even with an attempt to whip a twist on it's pre-determined outcome. But beneath its sentimental exterior, to me the movie is foucauldian enough to take seriously the idea that knowledge is power! [Over Ten: 7 and a half *******]
note- everybody has their moments?! And the title of this blog up there is a word that I've boastingly learned from the movie =)

Anyway I've also come across this website on a simple bit of George W. Bush humour (that's 'humor' for you Americans) that I know you all love so much. It shan't necessarily be funny, but just sumthin that I just wanna share. Enjoy!

0 comments: